Micellar waters have certainly been hyped up all over the beauty world but…I must say I think the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water is by far my favourite. If you haven’t heard of micellar waters before, they are a solution containing microscopic oil spheres that are designed to remove makeup and cleanse the skin. They are perfect for people with sensitive skin or skin that is irritated as they don’t contain any harsh ingredients and so are very gentle, don’t strip the skin of their natural oils but remove makeup swiftly and easily leaving the skin feeling beautifully cleansed, nourished and moisturised.
I have been using the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water for well over a month now to remove my makeup by simply saturating a cotton pad and sweeping it across my face holding it a few seconds over my eyes to remove stubborn eyeliner and mascara. After giving it a thorough road test there are a number of reasons why the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water stands out as my favourite out of the few I have tried including Bioderma and L’Oréal Micellar Water.
- The packaging is lovely!! It is sleek and the bubblegum pink lid is very pretty.
- It breaks down makeup so easily leaving your skin thoroughly cleansed and comfortable without any kind of residue.
- Compared to Bioderma 500ml for £13.99 and L’Oréals 200ml for £4.99, the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water is much better value for money as you get 400ml for £4.99.
- It is also soooooo much easier to get hold of compared to Bioderma and is equally as wonderful in its performance.
- It didn’t break me out like L’Oréals Micellar Water and also due to the shape of the bottle it is much easier to pour the solution on to a cotton pad. As L’Oréals Micellar Water is in a rectangular bottle, the solution tends to spill a little but…that might just be my inability to pour though…
All in all, this simple little cleanser warrants a 10/10 and it won’t be leaving my cleansing routine any time soon!!! If you haven’t tried it yet you can purchase it here.
Have you tried the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water? What’s your favourite Micellar Cleansing Water?